Top 10 Interesting Facts About The Panda
“Facts About The Panda”: The giant panda also is known as the panda bear or simply the panda, is a bear native to south-central China. It is characterized by large, black patches around its eyes, over the ears, and across its round body.
#1. A group of pandas is call as “embarrassment”.
- A group of giant pandas is usually known as an embarrassment of pandas. They can also be referr to as bamboo or as a cupboard of pandas. These are facts about the panda.
#2. The giant panda spends around 55% of its life collecting, preparing, and eating bamboo.
- A panda’s daily diet consists almost entirely of the leaves, stems, and shoots of various bamboo species. So Bamboo contains very little nutritional value so pandas must eat 12-38kg every day. To meet their energy needs.
#3.99% of a Panda’s diet consists of bamboo.
#4. Pandas can poop up to 40 times a day.
- Pandas do a lot of eating and that means a lot of panda poop. Each panda poops about 40 times each day. This can happen while they are eating or even while they sleep. These are facts about the panda.
#5. The giant panda is a bear.
- The giant panda is the rarest member of the bear family and among the world’s most threatened animals. Learn about WWF’s giant panda conservation efforts. These are facts about the panda.
#6. Female pandas are fertile only up to 3 days a year.
- The female can only conceive for about two or three days around ovulation, which means she has to mate with a male during that period. Females can be fertile between the ages of about 4 to 20.
#7. All pandas in the world are on loan from China.
#8. pandas have one of the highest bite forces of any carnivore.
#9. A giant panda usually needs between 2.5 and 4 square miles (10 million m2) of land to survive.
#10. Pandas have lived on Earth for 2 to 3 million years.