Top 20 Facts about money

#Top 10 Facts About Money

#Top 10 Facts About Money: Money is any item or verifiable record that’s typically accepted as payment for product and services and reimbursement of debts, like taxes, in an exceedingly explicit country or socio-economic context.

1. What did people do before money?

Top 20 Facts about money

When most of us think of the money. We think of circular fragments of metal, inked sheets of paper, and quasi-magical plastic issued by the bank-fairy. But what did people do before money? Well, long before the advent of modern-day currencies, people engaged in a practice known as barter. Bartering is the direct exchange of goods and services for other goods and services. Money was the first used in the form of cows, sheep, camels, and other forms of livestock. But after people kept snapping their spine attempting to carry 15 cows in their wallet. A more portable form of currency was desperately needed. A specific type of seashell known as cowrie was used as currency for many centuries largely due to their portability. This is the unknown facts about money.

2. The notes actually had to be modified and rereleased.

Top 20 Facts about money

Banknotes have their own fair share of pareidolic history. The most infamous one is likely the supposed Illuminati-related owl on the United States $1 bill. In reality, it’s just a squiggly pattern, and less obscured and near-identical patterns found elsewhere on the same note can back this up.  The entire series of notes issued by the Bank of Canada in 1954 supposedly depicts the devil himself. Much like the hat-sporting vampire, Satanis quite difficult to spot (because it’s all in your head) but he’s right here. Horns and everything. If you draw them on. This devilish mind-trick bothered people so much that the notes actually had to be modified and rereleased.

3. The Banknotes from around the globe both contain and allow for the growth and transmittance of various pathogens.

Top 20 Facts about money

The vast majority of the population handles banknotes regularly. But this constant fingering means that the money is a microcosm of its environment. In other words, everything you touch, you transfer over to the money you handle and the next person does the same and the next person does the same and you get the idea. Eventually, your hard-earned cash is little more than a sponge that you happily share with the rest of the world. Multiple studies have consistently demonstrated that banknotes from around. The globe both contain and allow for the growth and transmittance of various pathogens. The most common are various strains of the staph which can lead to skin infections as well as pathogens typically associated with fecal contamination.

4. Global inequality is now so extreme that 1%of humanity holds more wealth than the remaining 99%.

Top 20 Facts about money

The confederation Oxfam, which focuses on the alleviation of global poverty. Estimated in January of 2015 that by the same time next year, the richest 1% would own more than the rest of the world combined. It turns out that this estimation was absolutely right. Global inequality is now so extreme that 1%of humanity holds more wealth than the remaining 99%. Not only in the 2017 report, the eight richest men on the planet. Now own the same amount of wealth as the poorest 3.6 billion. That’s the wealth of half the global population equal to that of a mere eight people. I’ve always seen Scrooge McDuck as a caricature of greed but turns out it was a bloody documentary.

5. The most recognizable currency symbol in the world is the dollar sign.

Top 20 Facts about money

One of the most recognizable currency symbols in the world, which is used as a generic symbol for money as a whole, is the dollar sign. It’s been used to represent numerous currencies across the globe with some of the largest being the United States dollar (US$), the Mexican peso (MX$), the Brazilian real (R$), the Canadian dollar (CA$), and the Australian dollar (AU$). However, no one is quite sure where the symbol came from. The most accepted theory trace its origins back to the American Revolution and the subsequent minting of the first US coinage during the 1700s.  The double-stroked variation, known as a Cifrão, may also be a derivative of the Spanish-American peso which featured the Spanish coat of arms consisting of two vertical pillars embraced by S-shaped banners. This is the unknown facts about money.

6. The Cocaine is an extremely fine powder that could easily spread en masse through the use of counting machines and money laundering.

Top 20 Facts about money

A lot of different currencies also contain traces of drugs. Especially cocaine. In fact, this is true for the vast majority of banknotes in countries such as the US, the UK, Ireland, Canada, Brazil, and Spain just to name a few. There’s been a few theories as to why this is and, as fun, as it would be to imagine, it’s most likely not because the whole world is snorkeling through winter wonderland every lunch break. Instead, it’s likely due to a combination of factors such as cocaine being an extremely fine powder that could easily spread en masse through the use of counting machines and money laundering. Nevertheless, it’s only microscopic traces between 1 billionth to 1 thousand of a gram, so it’s practically nothing but technically something.

7. The word salary derives from the Latin word “salarium” which quite literally means “salt-money”.

Top 20 Facts about money

Some of the financial terms still in use today have some quite interesting etymologies. Like the word salary. As previously mentioned, salt once used as a form of currency and the word salary derives from the Latin word “salarium” which quite literally means “salt-money”. And salt-money is even in use today as every time someone wins the lottery, it makes everyone else salty. The slang term “buck” likely comes from the time when deerskin or buckskin used as currency. And the word money itself derived from the Latin word “Moneta”. As the Temple of Juno Moneta in ancient Rome is where the first Roman coins minted. This is the unknown facts about money.

8. The face of currency throughout all of human history is that of the current queen of England.

Top 20 Facts about money

The person most prevalently featured on the face of currency throughout all of human history is that of the current queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II. Not only denominations of British currency but that of other nations as well. Only 9% of worldwide bills feature women but out of all the banknotes that do, 63% is that of the queen’s likeness. She made her first appearance at the ripe age of 8 when, in 1935, she appeared on the Canadian $20 notes. Over the years she’s appeared on various banknotes from Australia, Jamaica, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Cyprus, Bermuda, Scotland, among many other places. In fact, she’s appeared on the face of so many different banknotes that it’s possible to create a sort of progressive timeline of her life. So I took the time to do just that. From 1935 all the way to the present day.

9. India has a banknote of zero value.

Top 20 Facts about money

India has a banknote of zero value. They look exactly the same as other banknotes but are worth exactly zero rupees. You might ask, what’s the point? Corruption in India is widespread and a major concern. Many government officials in India require monetary bribes for all sorts of permits and services. The zero rupee banknote series an important purpose, it is given to officials who request bribes as a statement of peaceful non-cooperation. Each zero rupee note bears a declaration that states “I promise to neither accept nor give a bribe”. Its sole purpose is to make a statement. Ironically this makes the zero rupee banknote both valuable and worth absolutely nothing at the same time. This is the unknown facts about money.

10.”Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has, the more one wants.” 

Top 20 Facts about money

The man on the United States $100 bill, Benjamin Franklin himself. Once said: “Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has, the more one wants.” And there is a certain level of truth to this sentiment backed up by scientific research. First of all, having money is obviously going to make you happier. Then not having money but plenty of research has demonstrated a correlation between wealth and generosity. On average, the wealthier you are, the less generous you become. And this is an important finding because generosity has been shown to benefit general well-being regardless of culture, social status, and wealth. And also see most interesting #top 20 facts about space[part 2].

Spread the love
3 thoughts on “Top 10 Facts About Money”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *